I really appreciate all of your comments! It seems that a pattern has to be truly special for people to put down money for it, and I understand that. Rachael had a good point about donations and sales, though. That definitely hooks people in… if they know about it. =]
Anyway, the winners are:
Hmm…what makes me buy a pattern? Well, I’m pretty big on patterns. I like them. They do the work for me. Hehe.
Anyways, what the real thing for me is if the pattern does one of the following:
1. It is not something I’d come up with on my own (stitch pattern, shape, etc.)
2. It is for something like a garment that is fitted, where the math has been done for me. (I am bad at the maths. Very, very bad.)
3. It’s something that would be fun or cool to make, just because of the design.
4. It’s for a yarn I like but want ideas for the use of.
5. Um….it’s shiny? I have poor impulse control with cool patterns.
6. It’s a new technique I’ve never done and want to learn.
7. Probably should put shiny on here twice.
8. Or three times.
Thanks for the comments!