These are my Goldilocks socks. Partly because of the color, partly because I had to rip back so many times, it was ridiculous. But they are gorgeous.
I changed needle sizes 3 times for this baby. First it was too big, then it was too small… Finally I got the right size and then it just flew along. Knitting with Wollimeise for the first time was also nice. The Boy tried it on and he loooved it. He may have pouted a little bit when I told him it wasn’t for him. Haha.
It looks big on me but that’s because I have smaller feet than the size requested. It is perfect at this point.
This is the end result. It is gorgeous. I think I’d like to try it again, but with different cable ideas. I really like how it turned out in the end.
One of my goals is to finish my old, languishing WIPs. The biggest one is my Sunny Spread blanket (Rav link). I have been trying to sew as many of the squares as I can.
On the bottom right, there are a lot of squares you can’t see, but the sewing is going well.
The other major WIP is my Wink (Rav link) sweater.
Sorry for the bad picture, but I’m working on the other sleeve and then finishing the body.
What have you been working on?
Here is another Will Work For Yarn project. I had promised to knit 2 pairs of socks in a month, and I totally made it, despite a lot of ripping back. Not this project so much, but the next one I show you… There was a LOT. It was a bit discouraging too.
Anyway, sfgwife allowed me to choose whatever pattern I wanted to do for the second pair of socks, and I chose to do Kai-Mei. I’d always wanted to try it, but the only people I knit socks for are me and the Boy. I didn’t know if the pattern would work for my feet because one foot is much smaller than the other. I didn’t want to knit it for the Boy because it’s a bit lacy for that.
They came out okay. I don’t know if I’d do it again for myself, but I do like the idea of decreasing the gusset this way and ever since, I’ve been playing around with ideas with decreasing both sides to make a cool pattern that would work for my feet.
Let’s see if I can catch up to my backlog of FOs!
Hm, maybe there is a theme going on here. Stitch had been in quite a few pictures lately.
This is a Will Work For Yarn project, so I mailed it off. I was able to complete it in a week, surprisingly. It was definitely a quick and fun project and I’d love to try it again with some actual scraps.
Post-blocking, it was a lot longer and so much smoother. I like that the colors are not your typical baby blanket colors too. I did my best to match stripes when I had to change skeins, and it came out well. If the border was worked in a gender neutral color, it would give it a different effect.
All in all, it was a great knit.
I’ve started on my Black Friday yarn already.
Stitch is doing his best to model my cowl. This is my final iteration of the Honeycomb Twist stitch pattern, unless I can figure out how to grade a sweater. =]
Sorry for the bad pictures; it’s cloudy and rainy here. This is the all-over and small version. I’ve already knitted up the long one, so maybe by next month I can have this pattern up for testing? -Fingers crossed-
Hawthorne Alameda and St Johns is on the left. Those will be used for socks. The light gray on the bottom is Capretta Platinum, for 2 different cowl patterns. The blue and gray on the right are Palette Marine Heather and Finnley Heather. They are for finishing my blanket.
Unfortunately, you can see one of the Marine Heathers has been cut by a box cutter or something, so I will try to get it replaced.
That’s a lot of yarn for $50. My goal next year is to NOT buy any yarn until the next Black Friday sale. Trading for yarn doesn’t count, though.
Someday I will document all my yarn. -Sigh- Until then, I will be knitting away at my not-so-little stash.
For some reason, I’ve been about the processs, rather than the product lately. I think it might have to do with not having enough time to craft for myself and just enjoying it for what it is, but I’ve been experimenting with other crafts too.
I helped the kids needle felt a coaster for Mother’s Day and that fueled my desire to felt again. (And gave me materials to play with, haha.)
I started off with felting plain white wool over a soap bar. Then I wrapped the variegated yarn on the side. I wish I didn’t felt the little flower, but oh well. I really love how the yarn just randomly runs around the soap.
It was a lot of fun to make! So much prettier than the $15 one at Anthropologie and much cheaper! I know, time is money, but when you’re enjoying the process, that’s priceless.
~$4 for soap (Trader Joe’s)
$1.50 for roving (Daiso)
$0 for leftover yarn (Bonus! Using up scraps!)
Time spent: ~1 hour